Wednesday 14 October 2009

Beginnings of something I hope!

I am so stressed with all this fourth year work, so instead of working away at my dissertation (which is going well but not near finished yet) and projects which I am struggling to get my head around, I am writing a blog post. Although I don't have any new work to post... well I do but I haven't scanned it yet! Really must get organised! It's funny that despite the fourth year stress I think I will really enjoy this year, it will be hell but hopefully the end results will be worth it and proof of all the hard work. I do not want my degree show or my classes to be something people pass by... uninterested because we didn't work hard enough to get it right. I like Mick's way of teaching, although my project is all over the place right now. Can't believe I'm already in fourth year, it all seems so final and scary.. Oh and went to see Paolo Nutini last night who was amazing and beautiful as always. I once saw an interview where he said he hoped that the ancient belief of everytime your photograph is taken a little bit of your soul goes with it... judging by last night he's kinda fucked if it is true! I was less excited by the guest appearance of the lead singer of the local band the view, but the half naked teeny boppers love him - who wears going out dresses and heels... to a gig! Wouldn't have happened in my day!! haha! Right so anyway here's a few pics which I find inspiring!


Egon Schiele
Catherine Raynor - just beautiful illustrations


Amy Earle - lovely cutouts

Henry Horenstein - the man who made me understand photography... well a lot more than I did before taking his class!!


No comments: